CORONET HIRE SERVICE – TERMS AND CONDITIONS
We strongly recommend that you read the following. In using our service, you are agreeing to our terms and conditions.
- The basic hire charge is based on a three day period, covering supply on one working day, use on the next and return on the third working day. Additional days use are charged as follows ;- 1 day extra – 1/3rd of the hire charge, 2days extra – 2/3rds of the hire charge and 3 days extra – a 2nd hire charge applies. We reserve the right to supply an alternative product of equivalent value and function, should the ordered goods not be available at the time of delivery/collection. Prices quoted are excluding VAT.
- We will be happy to supply written or verbal quotations for our goods/services but would ask that all orders/amendments are confirmed in writing (post//email) by the customer to prevent errors or mistakes. We will, in return confirm all such instructions received in writing. (post//email). We accept no liability for amendments/orders not so confirmed.
- Payment in full is due 7 days prior to delivery, unless account terms have been confirmed in writing prior to delivery.If you wish to pay by debit/credit card, please call the office. Cash and cheques supported by the appropriate cards are accepted. We also accept electronic payments direct in to our bank account (NAT WEST BANK, SORT CODE 01-07-65, A/C NO 07053029). Goods will not be issued until cleared funds have been received.
- A booking fee/security deposit is required when placing an order, which is refundable after safe return of equipment. As goods may take some time to check in, we will refund the deposit, less any shortage/damage charges by post. Please ensure you advise of the name and address to which the refund should be sent. If you wish to receive a BACS refund, please advise your account name, sort code and account number.
- The hirer accepts responsibility for the goods from the time of collection / delivery until they are checked by our staff, when returned to our premises. It is a condition of supply that in the absence of definitive proof to the contrary, our count at our premises is final as to both quantity and condition. It is the hirer’s responsibility to gain adequate insurance cover for the hired items during the hire period. They are not covered under Coronet insurance and the hirer is advised to approach their own insurers to confirm cover or to take out additional cover.
- Equipment is supplied ready for use and should be returned clean.(excluding linen) Polishing with a soft cloth will enhance the appearance of the items prior to use. We reserve the right to charge for equipment returned to us in a dirty condition. Trailers and barbecues must be returned clean, otherwise they will incur a £10.00 cleaning fee. A wash hire facility is available at an extra cost and should be requested when placing your order. Unfortunately this service is not available on EPNS items.
- Linen should be returned to us unlaundered and free from all debris. It should be kept dry, as mould causes irretrievable damage. All damage however caused, will be charged at the full replacement value. Do not store or transport linen in plastic bags.
- Electrical or gas items found to be not working must be reported immediately and not touched by the customer.
- We strongly advise hirer’s to supervise delivery and collection of orders. In the event of you or your representative not being present, we must ask customers to accept our assessment of any loss or damage. Any shortages or discrepancies must be reported immediately upon receipt. Any claims received more than 24 hours after delivery will not be considered. Out of hours discrepancies may be reported via our answering service.
- Items for return must be available on the appointed time and date for collection. Tables and chairs should be folded down or stacked, and all other equipment should be placed in their respective containers. All packing material should be returned.
- Damages, shortages and breakages are chargeable at current “new for old” replacement cost. Late returns will be charged at a daily hire rate up to seven days, after which they will be charged at replacement cost and no credit. It is the Hirers responsibility to ensure the return of shortages to Coronet.
- Equipment may be collected from our premises during normal office hours. A delivery and collection service provides for one delivery to suitable ground floor entrance and one collection only. It is not always possible to deliver your order at a specific time as our vehicles will follow a pre-determined route. If you would like to arrange a specific delivery time we will endeavour to accommodate this if requested at time of placing your order. We may refuse to deliver to off road sites or to sites where access is difficult for large, heavy vehicles. Please advise of any such hazards when booking. A further charge will be levied if a return collection visit is required or if the items are not in their original containers.
13. Should cancellation or amendment of any order be necessary we require at least 7 working days notice without incurring further charges. A cancellation charge may be made if such notice is not received. All orders cancelled 7 days or less from first day of hire will incur a 100% cancellation fee, between 7 and 28 days will incur a 50% cancellation and 28 days or over at the management’s discretion. We are happy to add to or reduce orders up to 7 days prior to the 1st hire date, subject to the cancellation terms above and subject to the order not reducing in value by 50% or more. All orders reduced by 50% or more will incur a charge equivalent to that of the cancellation charge. A 100% cancellation charge will also apply to items refused at delivery (If the client no longer requires the items, but has not informed us prior to delivery)